Read each passage of Scripture; taking time to answer the following questions for each Scripture read:
1. What does this passage of scripture say about God?
2. What does this passage of scripture say about humanity?
3. What does this passage of scripture say about the relationship between God and humanity?
SCRIPTURE ONE : ROMANS 8:35-39, NRSV
Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
SCRIPTURE TWO: ISAIAH 6:1-5, NRSV
I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS :
1. The average person worships about twice a month. Be more than average and worship every weekend this month.
2. Invite someone to attend worship.